- Apr 27 2022
- 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Are Crypto-Assets Different? Ensuring Proportionality and Technological Neutrality in the AML Standards of the EU
The initial text of TFOFR, introduced by the European Commission, ensured Proportionality and Technological Neutrality. However, concerns over the suggestions coming from the European Parliament and the Council caused significant market unrest and dissatisfaction. According to many market participants and technology experts, the proposals lack proportionality, compromise privacy, and ignore the technological feasibility of the requirements they demand.
Hosted by the Vice-President of the European Parliament, Eva Kaili, the Finance Working Group of INATBA brings together regulators, technology experts, and market participants during a one-off event, which will take place in Brussels on 27 April from 17:30 CET focusing on the following topic:
Are crypto-assets different?
Ensuring proportionality and technological neutrality in the AML standards of the EU.
The event will comprise of a panel discussion addressing the following issues:
- Is the TFR, as amended by the Parliament and the Council, proportional or distorts the spirit of the FATF Recommendation?
- Is the TFR disproportional and violates technological neutrality?
- Are the TFR provisions technologically feasible and cost-efficient?
- Does the AML approach of the Parliament and the Council compromise the capability of the EU to become a competitive global centre in the field of crypto-assets?
- Paul Tang, MEP, ECON
- Joana Neto, European Banking Authority
- Pierre Offret, French Presidency of the Council
- Chris Brummer, Professor of Law, Georgetown University
- Claire Wells, Coinbase, INATBA member
- Sian Jones, XReg Consulting, INATBA member
- Barbara Halasek, Coinfirm, INATBA member
- Dominik Schiener, IOTA, INATBA member
- Marc Taverner, Executive Director of INATBA
- Dimitrios Psarrakis, XReg Consulting, INATBA Finance Working Group Co-Chair
Due to venue restrictions, this event has limited capacity and requires a prior registration. Please use the link below to register your interest in attending.
Please register here if you want to attend this event.